Ever tried heliskiing ? It is the ultimate snow experience for a skier or boarder. Interested? Let yourself be carried at the heart of the mountains – a world above and beyond.
Find yourself surrounded in untouched powder paradise, put on your skis, take a deep breath of fresh mountain air and contemplate the magical landscape. Push on your poles et slide in joie de vivre. Powdery snow flies by you, adrenaline is pumping and you soon become a particle amongst the monumental silence of the mountain universe. Down the valley line, an helicopter waits to effortlessly lift you back up to another ridge. Your guide will take you to the best snow conditions of the day.
That’s heliskiing, the ideal escape from day-to-day living. A perfect way to recharge your senses.
Who can do heliskiing?
If you know how to ski or snowboard, you can do it. Ideally, you are at least an intermediate skier/boarder and you seek adventure. Easy gliding surface for people experimenting powder for the first time. Giant’s kettles and descent in steep valleys for the more trained. You will be part of a group of four led by a guide who is responsible for your safety and your alpine pleasure.
Here’s what to do if you want to heliski :
- Get in touch with a BeMountain guide offering heliskiing
- Inform him of your availabilities and skill level
- The guide will offer you some locations, some dates and will be in charge of creating a group
- On the eve and in the morning, the guide will check the weather and snow conditions and get in touch with you the day before
- If everything is good to go, we will confirm with you your meeting place where you will be introduced to your pilot, your guide and your heliskiing partners
- A security briefing about ARBs (avalanche rescue beacons) and helicopter flying takes place. Then, you will fly away for your first descent
- If the conditions are bad, you can postpone heliskiing for the next day. Bookings need to be reconfirmed on at 6 p.m. on the eve of the activity.
To carry out the tours on which you dream, hire a mountain guide on a private basis.